The Demarest Community shares a common goal for the growth and development of each student. Academically, our expectations for all students are high and the district continues a commitment to differentiating instruction to meet the different learning styles and needs of all students. Working together, we will continue to prepare our students to successfully complete our challenging curriculum. We will also prepare them to meet the needs of the increasingly complex challenges of living and working in such a rapidly changing world. Our mission is to develop in each student a lifelong love of learning, strong self-esteem, ethical values, and a respect and appreciation for diversity to help every child reach his or her full potential.
To help meet these goals and objectives, we invite our community to take advantage of the various channels of communication established to provide information about the Demarest Public Schools programs. In the near future, the district will be launching a district website app. This free app will provide access to highlights from the district and individual school websites on a smart device and will be available on both Apple and Android platforms.
Demarest is excited to share our results of the 2015-2016 PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) assessments. This was the second year of PARCC and we are proud to announce we scored in the top one percent in the state as a district. Congratulations to the staff, administration, and students for all of their phenomenal work.
As a district, we are always moving in a proactive forward direction. We are thrilled to share the following updates:At County Road School
· A new preschool opened - Demarest Early Learners-DEL
· Separate preschool playground was constructed
· New K-1 PTO donated playground
· High efficiency window replacement project
· Phonics First Program for grades K-2
At Luther Lee Emerson School:
· Belmar Driveway extension for emergency access
· Partial Roof Replacement
· Sustainable garden for each grade level
· Outdoor learning space
· STEM program at the fourth grade level
At Demarest Middle School
· PTO donated outdoor classroom
· Academic Enrichment courses such as Public Speaking and Debate
· Robotics Program, with Coding and Cryptography
· Character Education in Creative Writing
· Service learning for socially conscious real world problem solving.
For the latest updated information and more exciting news, please regularly visit our website at https://demarestsd.schoolwires.net