Mrs. Ricciutti's Home PageWelcome to Speech and Language2019-2020What is Speech Therapy?Speech therapy is a fun and motivating way to learn clear pronunciation and effective language skills.
My students generally receive speech therapy in small groups or infused in class, and are given homework on an as-needed basis. Parents may also request home activities for speech practice. Completed homework and good listening in class are rewarded.
Is it Speechor is it Language?!Speech or Articulation refers to the sounds our lips, teeth, and tongue produce to form words.Language refers to the system of communication we use to convey meaning from one person to another.Speech Disorder: difficulty producing sounds
Language Disorder: difficulty understanding others and/or difficulty expressing self using words
- Articulation: Omissions or substitutions when pronouncing words.
- Fluency: Hesitation between sounds or words. Repetition or prolongation of phrases or words.
- Voice: monotone, harsh, breathy, or singsong voice tone.
- Slow rate of vocabulary acquisition, understanding, or employing new words.
- Difficulty understanding oral directions or abstract ideas.
- Difficulty with syntax (word order), and morphology (present/past tense).
- Problems engaging in conversation/social interaction with peers.
Contact Information:Name: Ellen Ricciutti, M.A., CCC-SLPDept: Speech and LanguageBldg: Luther Lee Emerson School and Demarest Middle SchoolEmail: email@example.comVoicemail: (201) 768-6060 ext. 52272