SUMMER READING FUN!!! CONGRATS TO ALL 4TH GRADERS! I WILL MISS YOU!
FLIP FLOPS? CHECK!
HAT AND SUNGLASSES? CHECK!
COMFY PLACE TO RELAX? CHECK!
COLD DRINK? CHECK!
AWESOME BOOK TO READ? CHECK!
WELL THEN YOU ARE ALL SET FOR SUMMER! IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE WITH SOME RELAXING, FUN, AND EXPLORING WITH BOOKS!
THE DEMAREST LIBRARY AND OTHER LOCAL BCCLS LIBRARIES WILL BE HOSTING THE "IMAGINE YOUR STORY"
SUMMER READING PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN IN GRADES K-6TH.
The benefits of summer reading programming for children:
- Children are motivated to read.
- Children develop positive attitudes about reading, books, and the library.
- Children maintain their reading skills during summer vacation.
- Children have access to experiences that further their sense of discovery.
- Children have access to experiences through which they can learn to work cooperatively.
I WILL POST MORE SUMMER READING EVENTS AND OPPORTUNITIES SOON... IN THE MEANTIME KICK BACK WITH A GOOD BOOK!
READ TOGETHER OR WITH YOUR FAMILY AND EVEN YOUR PETS! MAYBE MEET ONLINE WITH YOUR GRAND PARENTS, BEST FRIENDS, OR COUSINS TO READ! ENJOY ALL OF YOUR READING ADVENTURES.
I WILL BE POSTING A SPECIAL POSTCARD CHALLENGE SOON SO STAY COOL, STAY STRONG, AND STAY TUNED!
LOVE, MRS. KONIGHT